31 July 2009

But are you thinking of me too?

I just got back from a barbecue. And what a small world, I met Dian & Tofu there cause they were in the next pit holding some birthday thing too. I caught up with Dian and she told me all about her Idol experience. She said let's join together next season. Ha-ha. Anyway I smell like bbq food now and somehow 2 foldable plastic chairs managed to make their way home with me.

Don't ask.

Today in class Mr N mentioned 2012, Judgement Day, The End of the World as We Know It. I did a little research, and this is what I found. Basically it kinda all started with the Mesoamerican Long Count Calendar which resets every 13 baktuns (1 baktun is 144,000 days). Hence Dec 21 or 23 of 2012 reads 13.0.0.0.0 on the calendar. Some suggest that this date has apocalyptic implications, but others argue thats it's simply resetting, and doesn't imply doomsday in anyway.

Some theories on how the world will end include:

The Timewave Zero theory. Something that calculates "novelty" and states that in Dec 21 2012, the universe will be so interconnected that it reaches a singularity of infinite complexity, meaning everything imaginable will occur instantaneously. Like. I know, right..

The massive solar flare causing geomagnetic reversal causing polar shift causing weakening fields theory. But while NASA expects a particularly strong solar maximum some time in 2012, there's no proven link between that and polar reversals.

Niribu, a large planet, shall collide with Earth. Yay.

Also, some believe this ending of the cycle corresponds with a global "consciousness shift" rather than an apocalypse, suggesting that materialistic attitudes, rather than the material world, are in jeopardy. They call it the New Age. "When the 'heavens open' and cosmic energy is allowed to flow throughout our tiny Planet, will we be raised to a higher level by the vibrations".

So. Whadya think?

Cool or what huh. I'm making a list of things to do in 2011 already. Just in case, y'know? Another notable thing that we perhaps ought to be more worried about is that on Dec 31st 2012, the Kyoto Protocol expires.. Hmm.

Disaster for thought, y'all.

close your eyes and make believe
this is where you wanna be
I'm forced into you just cause you're into me

you've never been so used, as I'm using you, abusing you, my little decoy
don't look so blue, you shoulda seen right through, i'm using you, my little decoy

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home