10 January 2009

It was a spiteful thing to do

I've got a right to be wrong, my mistakes will make me strong.

My day consisted of four parts. 1, a half-hearted attempt at organizing my notes and files, bracing myself for the looming start of the school term (can I have a collective groan please?). That didn't work out like I planned. I abandoned my quest halfway, only to carry out a 3 hr phone call that can't be any good for my already-only-semi-lucid brain. Part 2 was physics tuition at Orchard Plaza. Actually the more important thing that happened during part 2 is that I went to starbucks and ordered, for the first time, something that ISN'T a signature iced chocolate. But no one cares, I know. Okay 3, after tuition, I went to the Heeren and got my schoolbag. Finally 4, the squishy train ride home, which doesn't really deserve one whole part by itself, but is only monumental cause of the strange people in my cabin. Hmm I think everyone looks a little queerer up close. Maybe it was just me feeling nauseous from the claustrophobia.

I came up with a perfect resolve for 2009! Y'know I haven't really penned down anything much about the coming year because I'm an escapist like that. But also cause I haven't found anything good enough to chew on, really. But last night, chatting with S online, he gave me a thought. I'm tired of wading in the murky waters of I-don't-know-I-can't-be-sure. In 2009, I resolve to be a girl who knows what I want. I refuse to be packed in the same box filled with girls who are content hiding behind a veil of uncertainty! The cloth is coming off! The decision making has got to start. I'm gonna make up my mind. No more putting off the choice-making and skirting around my options. So ask me what I want. This time, I won't disappoint.

Vodka and a packet of cigarettes, that's all it used to be but now, sniffin' on snow when you're feelin' low, suffocating dreams that could have. Maybe for a minute I'd be down with that, but it don't take long for me to see the light. You swore you had control of it, when I stepped out you slipped on your supply.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home