03 August 2008

Drunk Dial (the smell of sushi and action thrillers)

The thing about napping on the floor, is that when you wake up, your body aches in so many different places and pins & needles afflict your every limb. I don't understand why I still do it. Perhaps I just like the feeling of the cold, hard marble tiles. Perhaps I should just get more sleep every night.

I feel like I've travelled the island today. Down to sengkang at 8am, left for dhoby ghaut interchange at 1100 but POsh wasn't open yet. By 1130 I was at newton mrt. Then I get on 171, headed towards MGS, only to have to get off and make a U-turn back to newton 2 stops before. I was tempted to stop at Island Creamery and dial up someone to share a nice afternoon with me over some indulgent dessert. But this felt like an Alone Afternoon. And it was good. Took the train back to simei, wanted to call up alyssa to join me at starbucks, but again I didn't. On bus number 5 back home, I met Andrew by chance, which was cool.

So I doddled around Singapore today in my glasses and my VJ tee. The one with three stickmen in boxes at the front. I can't say it was a thought provoking journey of anysort, or that it was deeply cleansing or anything. But I was relaxed. And I walked at the pace I wanted to. And I was free to stop if I wanted, change direction if I wanted.

This weekend has been quiet. You're painfully shy, I know. But I wish you'd just give me more to work with.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home