02 August 2008

Oh darlin' I would rather let you go

I am feeling strangely sanguine.

Sometimes we are submerged beneath the surface, and the sounds don't make their way to us. Every breath fills our lungs with water, as we sink deeper and deeper. The caress of the wind will not reach us here. If we keep still, we can lose sense of our being. If we don't struggle, the only noise we hear is our own heartbeat. This is how it feels to be truly alone.

But when you feel that urge to swim to the surface, a reason to step into the light, you should hold onto it. This feeling won't last. So give in to it. Once in awhile life gives us a reason to fight.

I've been thinking (yes, really) about my value system. Maybe I'm all whacked up but don't know it? Anyhoo, like I said, I'm feeling pretty chipper right now. Perhaps only I know the reason why!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home