24 June 2008

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP ME

I had a warm and fuzzy dream last night, and in it I was walking back through the gates of TK, with your hand on my head, and we were laughing. You didn't know what you were doing there, but neither did I. We talked and laughed like we were best of friends. It was a quiet dream, full of blurry images and liquid feelings that spread to your toes.

Of course that languid dream did nothing to alter what was waiting for me in the cold morning. I would awake to a text of rushed apologies, and a dark gloomy room.

Love is never wasted.

On the bus home today, I wired up my hands-free to my phone, put the earphones in my ears, but just as I was about to hit play, something, I'm not sure what it was, made me think of you. And I stopped. I sat there on the bus for half the trip, floating in my own thoughts, with earphones for show. It is fortunate you will never read this, but that's how it is. I lose balance figuring out what you are about. Only dragged out of my reverie when the phone vibrated, a text from you.

This is rare, isn't it. Therese getting all sappy. But all the little things you say surprise me, and I am changing. But of course, nothing is what you think it is..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home