18 January 2009

Okay, I woke up in heaven today.

You kissed me, I floated away.

Trusting someone is a wonderful feeling. A completedness. It's not just about being wholeheartedly open, but also about the knowing that this someone is wholeheartedly open with you too. When you trust someone, and I'm using this word in it's most consequential meaning, you won't be afraid of showing vulnerability, weakness. Something that could break you. It takes you to a scary, scary place, but also the most comforting. If you allow yourself to feel that fear, you allow someone else in to comfort you. You give up pieces of yourself, subject it to judgement, he can use it them in any way he chooses. But you trust him, and he gives you pieces of himself, too.

Someone let me down.

Truth is, I will never trust anyone enough to be vulnerable like that.

Lips quiver, oh honey, go on and cry me a river.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home