20 December 2008

Santa baby, hurry down the chimney tonight

Yesterday's metal fest at odiocrib was good fun. 20 odd people crammed into a tiny sauna of a studio. Bodies slick with sweat trying to mosh in the middle, weary girls (ahem groupies!) trying to make themselves take up as little space as possible against the walls. I had the spot under the spluttering and leaky aircon unit. It wasn't cooling the room at all, of course. It was a humid, stuffy little room, with an elevated portion up front for a stage. Half-naked performers, and half-drenched audience (yeah me). Polarix were bang on-form, and though I'm not really into all that seek and destroy shit, it was good still. It was cute to see BY being the most fully-clothed, and A hardly breaking a sweat with them double kicks. Mingled in the corridor for abit, talked about animals and perspiration, 2ndhandsmoke-filled air was flavour of the night. So after awhile, I said my goodbyes, showed of my braces-less smile for the thousandth time, and then traipsed back to Starbucks with D. VentiNoWhippIcedChocolate for me, ToffeeNutFrapp for him, knowing conversation for both of us (fight the break of dawn!). That's what it's like when you're pressure cooked into savouring everymoment you get, cause 7am next morning, you'd be miles apart.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home