01 October 2008

I was uncertain if I should keep my mouth shut

"It should be remembered that childhood is not a natural occurence. There was a time when children were treated like small adults. Childhood is an invention, a social construct, made possible by society as it increased in sophistication and resource. Above all, childhood is a privilege."

There was netball training today in school at 8. I really enjoy training with the netball girls. There are so few of us, it's like our own thing. Anyway, there was a discussion held about closing down the CCA, and how if we continue running, it would be without the school's support. I didn't know, and still don't know, what to think of this. I wish somebody would shake me and tell me what to think, or do. I understand that the school is spread very thin among its many sport CCAs. I understand that netball has not brought home anything in the past I-have-no-clue how many years. But I dunno, I also know that netball matters quite alot to us 8 girls. Like I said, I don't know what to think.

There is also news that next year, the netball and floorball seasons will clash. They will clash. Clash, as in, Happen At the Same Time. LIKE [insert an expletive of your choice]!

Pros:
Both my seasons will end earlier = more time to recover and study for As

Cons:
I can't be fully committed to netball = letting the netball girls and Ms Teoh down.
I can't be fully committed to floorball = letting the floorball girls, Mr Loke and Yan down.
I will be completely streched = little energy for anything else = studies can go fly kite.

More and more, I see walls of different enormities appear before me. They are so bent on making this path a hard one. I don't know if I chose the right path, but whether it is wrong or right, since I have chosen this one, I should stick to it. (All while thinking bugger, I should have seen this coming huh.)

I could say, "Hey the haters were right. I bit off more than I could chew".

Or I can say "Bring the fucker on."

"No child as it grows older should be allowed to forget that its parents, as embodiments of society, are the ones who grant this privilege, and do so at their own expense."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home