06 September 2008

We'd get all sweaty and it was great

Being on stage is one thing. There on that elevated platform you hold the power.

But off it, I really don't know where among this Crowd I fit. How have I come to be here? I know exactly how, of course, but that's not the point. It still feels like someone tipped the scales or left a window open. (Victims of circumstance, you used to say to me all the time. But you know I'm not as helpless as that..)

(We haven't spoken in awhile, have we.)

I don't belong here, and that is the truth. The people here don't know me, and neither do I know them. I must be a great pretender, for truthfully, this is a very unwelcoming Crowd. They may not like the idea of this, but this is the fact. Ask anyone of them, they are arrogant in their own way, and they won't say it, but they prefer you kept out of their circle.

I've spoken to (and laughed with) but a few of the Crowd, and they are very nice people. Singularly, these friends I know of are warm and inviting. But this is just the way things work, in a Crowd their faces start to look like each other's and you can't tell who you were speaking to before anymore. There is this tiny voice that is telling me, I had one foot in the circle only because like I said, I am a great pretender.

I like to think this is a pond. And we're all tiny fishes swimming around. But this is a small pond, and I like to think someday I will swim out of it, into something greater. I am not to overly concerned with my place in this Crowd, I am fine even if I do not have one. I am happy swimming right where I am for now. Because someday, if the mood strikes me, I will make it to the big sea.

It must be the ice cream and fumes of hot chocolate doing this to my head. Gelare was fantastic, so thank you very much. The rain did nothing to hamper us, for umbrellas on Saturday nights can be romantic too. We shall be back there soon, for sure.

For now, a little photograph to put a smile on my face.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home