03 September 2008

The Gentle Giant

So while all you hardworking people were, um, hard at work, I was out and about. Breathing in the nostalgia-filled aromas of the same old street 21 market. Made me kinda miss staying in an HDB estate. That was really long ago, when I was four to six years old, and living with my grandma. Nothing much has changed. The same coffee shop, fish aquarium cum hamster/rabbit pet shop, traditional chinese medicine counters with old men in singlets and their cool weighing scales. The same smell of waffles and cheap pajamas.

I couldn't resist. I slipped a one doller coin into that colourful plastic box and turned the knob. With a delightful crank, out fell into my palm, a white and blue plastic bubble which i popped open into halves. My Mr Hoppy is yellow, with blue feet and a white knob at the side. And he hopps. With double Ps.


people talk about the guy
who's waiting on a girl
there are no holes in his shoes
but a big hole in his world

there's someone i'm waiting for
if it's a day, a month, a year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home