03 April 2008

Destroy the World (it started with you)

I just feel like writing an entire post full of lyrics. Ever had that urge strike you? Ranging from obscure never heard before songs to those so overplayed and so obvious you failed to really listen to them. But i know to type them out and have them splayed across the screen does their beauty no justice. Lyrics are meant to be listened to, not read. Listened to, and felt. How do i do this?

I'm battle-scarred
but I am working oh so hard
to get back to who I used to be
Near to you - A Fine Frenzy

See what I mean? You simply cannot truly immerse yourself in something you're so detached from. It's a shame really. Some words are so beautiful it hurts.

Just to put your mind at ease,
You don't owe me anything
You paid me well in memories.

And I think of you whenever life gets me down
I think of you whenever you're not around
And you rest your bones
Somewhere far from my own
Yeah but you still pull me home
Yeah you still pull me home.
You still pull me home.
I Think of You - A Fine Frenzy

I'm ill with the thought of your kiss
coffee-laced, intoxicating,
on her lips.
Shut it out, I've got no claim on you now.
Not allowed, to wear your freedom down.

Is there a chance, a fragment of light at the end of the tunnel, a reason to fight?
Is there a chance you may change your mind?
Or are we ashes and wine?
Ashes and Wine - A Fine Frenzy

crap. that's like lyric diarrhoea.

Got me out here in the water so deep
If you ain't here I just can't breathe
There's no air, no air.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home