18 December 2009

There's a place for us. Somewhere, there's a place for us.

What we do is innocent
Just for fun and
Nothing meant
If you don't like the company
Let's just do it you and me

I'm in a really good mood right now. And I mean really good. So good, I could-

I'd best not mention that here.

People write about it all the time. It's been discussed over and over. Girls gush about it, guys pretend it was nothing. That moment when you're still in someone else's arms and time stops. You get the feeling deep inside you that you've done something really good to deserve the kind of perfection you're partaking in. You finally got it right. He's the one. You're a perfect fit for each other.

But no one ever tells you the appropriate emotions for the instances when everything feels wrong. In that split second when your eyes are closed, your heart sighs inwardly. He's not the one. Now what?

Just sayin'.

Hey, I heard about your misfortune. I didn't smile, I didn't frown. No obvious emotion precipitated. Strange, how I've accomplished such disconnected-ness. (I've always seen myself as more of a passionate dispassionate, rather than the other way around.) So when you're flipping through your old phone book, feeling empty and sad, don't come to me for absolution. I have nothing. No comfort, no spite, no pity. We'll eventually cross paths one day for sure though, and I promise to be nice. Nice-ness comes easily to me, I have a special reserve of nice-ness set aside for people who don't mean anything to me. But I do have abit of advice. That one person who stuck with you even though you're jerk? She really loves you. She needs you. Continue tormenting each other. That's your best option. You guys are blind to each other's stupidity, and there'll never be a more perfect match. Now, and I say this will total certainty and not a hint of shame, love tastes much better when it's cruel. So since your heart is so crushed and trampled at this point, just take what she has to offer. How else will you go on, you needy, insecure creature? Then again, it's not real until you feel the pain. So DO you feel the pain. DID you feel the pain? You musn't have, I suppose. For your sake, I hope you're feeling it now. That would be your only consolation. Oh what about regret? Or... Bitterness? Do you feel any of those? Hey ring me up, tell me what it's like. It's not ironic that I've stayed alone and happy, while you chose not to be patient and got your pride destroyed. It's pure coincidence. Life's little way of handing out "Good Job" certs, y'know? I'm sorry if I've overwhelmed you with words. I know it's a lengthy paragraph. But wait! There's more. You know that I only ever play to win, and this is a good time to tell you that I'm truly ashamed I lost. I'll admit it now. I was the one with everything to lose, and I made some very bad calls. Hence, all things taken into consideration, yeah I am the ultimate loser. You won, and might I add, got off very lightly. There is a huge gap in my conscience now that will not be filled for a very long time, but that's my own fault. I'm just letting you know that I feel silly for all the mistakes I made. Oh well, since I can't reverse any of them, I shall just sit here in silent content knowing that I'm better armed for all my future battles. Between us, I still think you're the lesser person. And thus concludes this frivolous monologue.

Well champ, I only mean to wish you a merry christmas :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home